Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome to "My Fabulous Adventures"

Fellow Adventurers:

I've been working on a memoir for a long time now. It's called, The Fabulous Adventures of a Four-Legged Woman. As I'm nearing the end of my rewrites, I find that I have material I like but that doesn't belong in this particular book. My goal with this blog is to collect the extra material, and new work and put it on there for people to read, comment on and generate discussion. I suspect that the stories on this blog will make up much of the content of the next book. No matter what I write the same themes seem to come up again and again: I write about sexuality, body image, mobility, and motherhood, (among other things) all in the context of the disability experience.

Warning: The content of many of these blogs will be raw, deeply personal and unfinished. Perfection is not my concern right now. I won't be giving much background on these pieces but I suspect that when enough of them are posted you'll get a clear picture of what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment